Inland Hospital is a dynamic healthcare organization that believes in putting the patient first in every way. We are a 48-bed community hospital in Waterville; Lakewood, a 105-bed continuing care center on the hospital campus; 19 primary and specialty care physician offices in Waterville and six surrounding communities. Inland has been a proud member of EMHS since 1998 and thanks to its close relationship with its sister hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Inland patients have seamless access to a higher level of care when needed.
Hospital services include acute and critical care inpatient units for adults; ambulatory surgery; birthing center; radiology; rehabilitation; 24-hour emergency care with on-site LifeFlight helicopter pad, specialized clinics, and laboratory services.
Lakewood provides skilled nursing and rehabilitation services, secure dementia care and long term care services.
Inland was founded in 1943 by a group of osteopathic physicians with a vision of providing compassionate care that focused on the whole patient, not just the disease. Today, that patient-centered approach is alive and well at Inland, where staff provide the kind of care we all want for our own families. Patients are treated with respect and dignity, and benefit from an open communication process that delivers an extraordinary experience and the best possible outcome.
Inland is fully-accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
Hospital Campus: One hour from Bangor and Portland, and three hours from Boston, Inland is located near Colby College and Thomas College in Waterville, Maine.
- Heart First: Cardiology services in Waterville, including physician practice, diagnostics and cardiac rehab.
- Inland Diabetes & Nutrition Wellness: Services in Waterville and Pittsfield.
- Inland Family Care: Family physician practices (including Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment) in Waterville, Oakland, Augusta, Madison/Skowhegan, N. Anson, and Unity.
- Inland Foot and Ankle: Podiatry services in Oakland.
- Inland Medical Associates Internal Medicine and neurology physician practices in Waterville.
- Inland Neurology: Neurology services in Waterville.
- Inland Orthopedics: Complete Orthopedic services in Waterville.
- Inland Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: OMM services in Waterville.
- Inland Rheumatology: Rheumatology practice in Waterville.
- Inland Surgical Associates: General surgery physician practice in Waterville.
- Inland Women’s Health Care: Obstetrics and gynecology physician practices in Waterville.
- Inland Wound Care: Wound care services in Waterville.
- Lakewood: A 105-bed continuing care center on the Inland campus that includes three separate units for Alzheimer’s/dementia care, long term and skilled nursing care.
- Sleep Diagnostics Center of Inland Hospital: Diagnosis and treatment for sleep-related disorders in Waterville.
Member of EMHS: EMHS is a system of hospitals, doctor offices, extended care facilities, home health experts and other healthcare services made up of 10,000 dedicated professionals across all parts of Maine, from Presque Isle to Waterville and Portland, and many communities in between. This integrated relationship benefits our community by bringing specialty services to Inland and connecting patients to advanced care when needed at Eastern Maine Medical Center, our system’s tertiary hospital in Bangor. In addition, membership in EMHS offers Inland improved efficiencies through access to resources, best practices, quality initiatives, and purchasing power.